If you’d like to join the group, please download and complete the Application Form (DOC and PDF versions are available):
Alternatively, please contact our Membership Secretary, Jenny Heath, by phone or email:
- Purpose of the Stretton Theatre and Concert Group (STCG)
- The purpose of the STCG is to make periodic visits to theatres within a reasonable distance of Church Stretton to see plays, musicals, ballets, concerts and other musical events, taking advantage of the benefits arising from group involvement.
- Membership and Membership Fee
- There will be a small joining fee, the amount to be decided by the Committee. (In 2021/22 it is £5.00.)
- Membership of the STCG is open to all, and an annual membership fee (in 2021/22 this is £10.00) is charged to cover administrative costs. The STCG is non-profit making. The membership year will be 1st April to 31st March; for new members joining on or after 1st January their subscription will cover to the end of the following financial year, i.e. up to 15 months. Renewal membership fees should be paid by 30th April in any year. Those who have not paid by this date will be deemed to be ‘lapsed members’ and will not receive further advance information or be eligible to book at the members’ price until their membership and rejoining fees have been received.
- Membership covers all adults living as part of a single household. Members will receive regular advance information of STCG’s future visits. Anyone living alone, and who travels regularly to theatre outings with the same person, may nominate that one person as Joint Member. The Joint Member will not be on the mailing list, and will not receive information and application forms for outings. Members may include friends or relatives in their bookings for whom they should pay at the non-members’ rate.
- Cost of Theatre Visits
- The cost of a visit will include coach seat, theatre seat discounted by the most favourable concession available, and a contribution to the coach driver’s gratuity. If membership fees do not cover administrative costs, a surcharge may have to be made.
- Theatre seats will be the best available.
- Booking Conditions (including Cancellations)
- Booking applications will only be accepted if accompanied by a remittance for the full cost involved. No post-dated cheques or telephone reservations will be accepted.
- In the event of a theatre visit being oversubscribed (i.e. applications in excess of the number of seats booked at the theatre and/or coach capacity), a ‘waiting list’ will be maintained. Members on the waiting list will be so advised; in the absence of such advice, members may assume that their booking has been accepted. Members and Joint Members will always be given preference over non-Members.
- Members who have to cancel a booking must notify the committee member to whom they sent their booking form as soon as possible. The cancelled seats will be filled from the waiting list, or if there is no waiting list, the members may find someone else to fill the seats. If takers are found, the committee member should be told, so that an accurate list of those going on the visit can be made. If the seats are not filled, the members concerned will bear the cost. Remittances of those still on the waiting list on the day of the theatre visit will be returned to them as soon as possible afterwards.
- Theatre tickets will be sent out in advance to those members who have been allocated seats. A STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE MUST BE ENCLOSED WITH THE BOOKING FORM FOR THIS PURPOSE. Every effort will be made to ensure that applicants are allocated seats in accordance with any preference shown on the application form. MEMBERS MUST BRING THEIR TICKETS WITH THEM TO THE PERFORMANCE.
- Coach Arrangements
- The coach pick-up points will be: Watling Street South (outside the Methodist Church), the Beaumont Road Bus Stop in Church Stretton and the All Stretton Bus Stop; plus The Horseshoes at Dorrington (on northbound journeys only) and the Old Post Office, Craven Arms (on southbound journeys only). The times notified for the pick-up points are departure times and members are requested to arrive at pick-up points at least 5 minutes beforehand. Picking up and setting down outside the Stretton area is not normally possible.
- The STCG accepts no responsibility for personal accident or loss occurring in connection with a theatre/concert visit. Nor is it liable for the refund of ticket money in any event, including the failure of the transport provided to arrive in time for the performance due to mechanical breakdown or any other reason.
- In the event of the dissolution of the STCG, monies will be distributed equally between members current at that time.
- The Data Controller is the Stretton Theatre and Concert Group. We collect details of members’ and guests’ names, addresses, emails, telephone numbers and emergency contact details. We also collect contact details of the companies we use and their staff, i.e. theatre and concert venues and the coach company. We use this information solely to enable us to carry out the work of the Group, including:
- Contacting members regarding forthcoming events and other related news and updates;
- Booking events and transport;
- Sending out tickets;
- Compiling coach lists;
- Keeping the Group’s accounts; and
- Drawing up reports on attendances for events.
- We collect and process this information in the legitimate interests of the Group and its members, in order to allow the Group to function. We do not share this information with any third party. We do not undertake automated decision-making or profiling.
- Our data is retained for as long as it is necessary to perform the functions for which we collect it and then we delete it.
- We take all reasonable steps to safeguard the data including only storing it on a password-protected computer or in the case of manual records, stored in a secure place.
- As an individual whose data we collect you have the following rights:
- To be informed of data held;
- To have access to your records;
- To rectification if the data is incorrect;
- To have your data deleted;
- To restrict our processing of your data;
- To have us transfer our records to another organisation if you ask for that to be done;
- To object about us holding and processing your data; and
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think that there’s a problem with the way in which we are handling your data. However, please inform us first if you do identify such a problem.